The beginnings of Good News Broadcasting Association are rooted in Back to the Bible, a ministry founded by radio evangelist Theodore Epp in the United States in 1939. As Back to the Bible grew, bases were established in other countries. The UK base opened in Reading in 1954 under the leadership of early Directors Gilbert Vinden and Ninian Lowis.
In 1976 Director David Oram oversaw the transition of Good News Broadcasting Association from part of a global ministry to an autonomous and independent UK charity, though still maintaining strong links with Back to the Bible.
GNBA eventually outgrew its premises in Reading and moved to Bawtry, Nottinghamshire in 1989 where the radio work continued as well as an extensive literature and audio cassette ministry.
GNBA initiated the opening of a Polish office in 1993 with Henryk Dedo who remains its Director today. The two ministries operate independently yet a strong bond still exists.
1995 saw the retirement of David Oram. He was followed by Directors Sam Gordon, Nick Thompson and Derek Stringer.
In January 2006 GNBA received a generous legacy enabling the purchase of its own property in Ranskill, Nottinghamshire. When Derek Stringer retired after ten years of service to GNBA he was succeeded by current Director, Tom Ward.
Today Good News Broadcasting Association continues to produce Christian radio programmes week by week from its base in Ranskill. Please pray for us as we look to the future and meet the challenges ahead, that God will continue to use GNBA to teach the Bible through radio and to change hearts and lives.