After the recent relocation of the Good News Broadcasting Association office from Nottinghamshire to Manchester we are now seeking to recruit staff who will strengthen our team and enable the ministry to grow. Can you wholeheartedly support our vision to teach the Bible through radio? Do you have the skills to match one of the roles described below?
If you require further details please contact Tom Ward by email (email@example.com) as our office will be closed over the Christmas period. To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter explaining how you can be an asset to the GNBA team to:
Tom Ward, GNBA, Unit 27 Wilsons Park, Monsall Road, Manchester M40 8WN
The closing date for applications has been extended to Thursday 14th February 2019.
Producer/Presenter for radio
We are looking for a passionate and articulate Christian who can create interesting and inspiring audio content for the many radio stations we broadcast with across the UK and beyond.
Previous training or experience in radio would be preferable but not essential. This is a full-time post with some flexibility in terms of working hours. Good News Broadcasting is based near the city centre of Manchester.
We are a small team and so employees must understand that as well as being responsible for their specific roles there are times when they will be required to assist with other tasks. The main requirements of the producer/presenter will be:
- To create, present and produce a weekly radio programme and approach stations to broadcast it.
- To present and produce a 10 minute weekday programme called Bible Focus. The Bible teaching is provided by Stuart Reynolds but you will need to write and record the intros and to complete all post-production work. To listen to examples of this programme go to gnba.net/listen.
- To build strong relationships with current radio stations we broadcast through and to explore options for future broadcasting opportunities.
- To take an active role in the advertising of all our content through various means.
We are looking for a committed Christian to manage all of our finances and general office work. Previous training or experience is essential and knowledge of Sage would be preferable.
This is a part-time post of 3 days a week with some flexibility in terms of working hours. Good News Broadcasting is based near the city centre of Manchester. We are a small team and so employees must understand that as well as being responsible for their specific roles there are times when they will be required to assist with other tasks. The main requirements of this role will be:
- To be the first point of contact for all those visiting the office or making contact by telephone in response to programmes.
- To enter receipts and payments into the Sage accounting system with weekly/monthly bank reconciliation.
- To maintain any other statistical records that may be required for the completion of returns.
- Make returns to Companies House, Charity Commission and Customs and Revenue.
- Authorise monthly settlement of invoices and ensure payroll and pension contributions are processed correctly.
- Be responsible, under the Director, for office operational matters such as insurance, services/utilities, council taxes, telephone, heating, lighting etc.
- Generate and submit Gift Aid claims.
- Oversee the annual audit – meet auditor, write Trustees’ report and deal with audit queries etc.